Step by Step Guide in Meat Drying Proces Creating of Beef Jerky & Other Meat Products
Most fresh meat can be made jerky, such as beef jerky, mutton jerky, pork jerky, chicken breast jerky, fish jerky, rabbit jerky, duck jerky, salmon jerky, etc. Because fresh meat is processed after being made jerky, its internal water activity is deficient, and most bacteria cannot survive. And jerky prepared with different seasonings has different tastes and is convenient for storage and carrying and convenient for eating. Making fresh meat into delicious jerky is the wisdom that people sum up from life.
Making jerky is slightly different due to different regions or raw materials, but the basic procedures are the same. They are divided into two types:
1. cooking, forming, and drying meat
2. forming and meat drying before being cooked.
The former process is: meat selection → division → soaking → pre-treatment boil → slice → add seasonings, soak and cook → dry to make mature meat products.
The latter process is meat selection → cut strips → air-drying → add seasonings bake mature meat products.
This article introduces the production steps of beef jerky and the choice of beef jerky dryer meat product dryer.
Process steps of dried meat processing:
(1) Use parts with firm meat and lean parts such as fresh beef thigh as raw materials. If it is frozen meat, it must be thawed in the thawing room, and the temperature should be slowly increased to 2 ℃ ~ 4 ℃ to facilitate thawing. The raw meat should maintain standard color and quality.
(2) According to the processing requirements, cut the beef into pieces or strips, slices of meat, diced meat, etc., suitable for making dried meat. The meat quality is required to be non-watery, and the fascia should be removed before cutting. Pay attention to when cutting beef Cut in the direction of the meat fibers.
(3) According to taste requirements, add various seasonings for marinating, such as salt, soy sauce, white sugar, five-spice powder, chili powder, etc. We should stir the marinating seasonings evenly to ensure full taste. Processing plants generally use beef marinade tumblers. The marinating temperature is kept at 0℃～4℃. (According to different tastes, you can match different seasonings to make it into five-spice, salty, dry, original flavor, etc.)
(4) Hang the meat strips in the air-drying room for air-drying or select the intelligent air-drying mode in the new heat pump beef jerky drying room. Note: The meat strips should not be dripping, and we should hang them upright. Do not stick to each other. Keep a little distance between the meat strips and the meat strips to facilitate ventilation and dryness. Generally, in an indoor environment with a temperature of 40°C and a humidity of about 60%, we can dry one batch in 36 hours. At this time, the beef color is dark red, and it feels dry and slightly hard when it is pinched.
(5) The dried raw meat can be directly packaged and stored in cold storage, or it can be cooked again, such as re-cooking, re-bake, and deep-frying.
- Re-cooking: Spread the dried beef in a cooking tray at a temperature of 85°C, and cook for 0.5-1 hours.
- Re-bake: Lay the dried beef flat, at a temperature of 180℃～220℃, and bake it for 3-5 minutes.
- Fry the meat until the center temperature of the jerky is 75℃.
(6) The re-cooked beef jerky needs to be cooled to room temperature, packaged, sterilized, and stored in a sanitary, ventilated, dry and cool warehouse.